Saturday 1 December 2012

december first

I woke up at about 6 o'clock this morning.  Normal for a weekday, but not my chosen way to start a Saturday.

When I woke up I started writing, which is also something of a rarity for me.  I love writing, but it's not usually my go-to first thing in the morning.

I started writing down my December intentions.  I started reading Jess Lively's blog earlier this year, and all of her writing about intentions has finally sunk in and stirred something up.

I have too much to finish up in 2012 before I start shifting my focus onto 2013 (as much as I really want to), but December can be more purposeful than the past couple of months have been.  2012 has been racked full of hard realizations and huge changes - some by choice and some by force - and these changes have set up 2013 to be quite different than this year....hopefully for the good.

I set intentions for December that deal with my physical and mental well-being, as well as a couple of other aspects of life that I have been neglecting.  Some of these are habits that I have simply fallen out of (like regular stretching, which does wonders when you have back issues), so I'm not talking about dozens of drastic changes.  I'm not trying to set myself up for failure here.

Just a strong ending to a tough year.

No comments:

Post a Comment